Monday, December 14, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for 12/14/09


If you wish to see daybooks from around the world, please click HERE
For today, December 14th, 2009
Outside my window...the deck is covered in a fresh layer of snow with several varying sized footprints across it from taking the new puppy out. It is cold here today...about 6 F currently, and windy.
I am thinking... about my great-niece Malia who is battling cancer at 8 years old, and who is perhaps one of the bravest people I know
I am thankful for...my new puppy Cooper, for 14 years with Random (who recently had a birthday), and a husband who didn't mind turning 40 (he also recently had a birthday!)
From the learning rooms...Our last week of school before Christmas. Monkey is reading a story about a big pig and working with the numbers 15 and 16. The girls are studying clouds in science and the beginning of World War I in history. Random is also reading about World War I. Seely is at his last day of college classes for the semester.
From the kitchen...pork ribs in the crockpot...to be covered in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce later today and served over rice. Simple, but one of my favorites.
I am wearing...a striped sweater, old jeans, and striped socks
I am creating...a week of good memories and laughs
I am going... to go pick up Seely in about an hour. While out, we'll gas up the SUV and buy a couple of toys for our older dog Chloe who is jealous of the puppy's toys and keeps stealing them. Tonight is our last night of BSF before Christmas break.
I am reading...Hostage by Don Brown. It is second in his Navy Justice series and I got the whole series FREE on Kindle. (Sorry, I just checked - it's no longer free!)
I am hearing...Random singing along quietly to his MP3 player, pages turning, pencils scratching, and someone sniffling their nose.
Around the house...Two dogs are sleeping, lunch dishes need to be cleaned up, and a rather bedraggled Christmas tree is heavy laden with ornaments.
One of my favorite things...as usual, curling up with my Kindle and a passionfruit-greentea smoothie from Caribou.
A few plans for the rest of the week...a solid week of school, continuing to housebreak the new puppy
Here is a picture thought I am sharing: Dream big!!!


1 comment:

dtbrents said...

Your blog is beautiful. I love your dog picture. I'm so sorry about the little one with cancer. I will be praying for her. Have a great week. Doylene