Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for 4/13/09

FOR TODAY ...April 13, 2009

Outside my window...The sky is slightly cloudy and it's nice enough to be out without a coat. Monkey is blowing bubbles on the deck and the girls are playing "club" in the backyard.

I am thinking...about the appointments we have the rest of this week

I am thankful for...the suprise short visit we had with my aunt.

From the learning rooms...Still finishing up our school year. Today, Lily dropped a book in the water she was soaking her injured toe in, and Random set his paper in a water puddle.

From the kitchen... We just finished a dinner of macho nachos (with hidden veggies). My kids love them, and they are quick and easy after a busy day of school, lunch out, and playing outside.

I am wearing...my usual - blue jeans and a purple long sleeve t-shirt. I guess my wardrobe is quite boring.

I am creating...a home for five children and one wonderful man, and that is enough.

I am going...to BSF in about half an hour. We are nearing the end of the study, and I know I will miss having this regular accountability in my spiritual life over the summer.

I am reading...Let's see.....I often read a couple of books a week, so it is hard to remember which one I am on at the moment. I think I'm finishing up a Love Inspired Historical romance, and will soon be starting a re-reading of the Lori Wick book Pretense. On the Kindle, of course.

I am hoping...the weather stays nice and we are able to spend more and more time outside. My kids love it, and even my older boys are getting better about leaving the video games behind to go out and play in the yard. The current favorite is playing "Over" where they hit whiffle balls over the garage roof to each other with tennis rackets.

I am hearing...Happy children's voices as they run and play outside, the clack of the dog's nails on the deck, and the clothes dryer running downstairs.

Around the house...As usual, there is laundry to be folded and the kitchen could use some sweeping, but otherwise the house is rather picked up and clean!

One of my favorite things...reading (or trying to read) outside while my children play nearby

A few plans for the rest of the week: Appointments of all sorts.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... My sister-in-law calls these "butt pictures".



If you'd like to see more daybooks, please click here.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Enjoyed your daybook. Our weather is slowly starting to improve. At least the sun has been shining.

quilt'n-mama said...

I love the picture... I enjoy taking these of my family. I always wonder what they are thinking!

BSF... I wish we lived where it was... we live remote now and have little opportunity for Bible Study groups! What precious times and memories I have though!

Blessings,
gayly

www. quilt-n-mama. blogspot.com