Someone passed this holiday questionnaire along. Feel free to cut and paste the questions for your own blog or an e-mail! Be sure to send me back your answers!
Here's the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I'd prefer bags, but the kids prefer having wrapping to rip off, so we wrap most of our gifts.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. With several asthmatics in the house, we've been told to not get a real one.
3. When do you put up the tree? Weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day (we need the space back!)
5. Do you like eggnog? No. Yuck.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmm.....the one I remember most was the year I got the toy truck I asked for!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Don't really know!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Random, Mango and DH's mom
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It is not up, because the kids and the cats run off with the pieces.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither - though we usually intend to mail. :-)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Socks.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I really haven't seen most of the famous ones.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Between Halloween and Thankgiving, with the serious shopping usually taking place after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but only as a joke. Remember that ugly fruit statue thingy, Mom??????
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? French silk pie.
16. Lights on the tree? Color or White? Colored, on a pre-lit tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. We are lucky enough to have much of our extended family close by.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donor and Blitzen, and of course Rudolf.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. Our tree topper is unique every year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with extended family, Christmas morning with our immediate family
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who take the Christ out of Christmas and replace it with an X; grumpy shoppers and sales people.
23. Ornament theme or color? Neither. Our tree is mostly decorated with ornaments that my mom has bought each of the kids each year.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and cheesy potatoes on Christmas Eve, then crackers and cheese on Christmas Day.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing really (but if you are desperate for ideas Caribou gift cards, or Amazon gift cards so I can buy more books for my Kindle!)